Magento has been around for many years now, making it one of the strongest pioneers in ecommerce businesses. It might have been existing for quite a long time now, but it made the effort to continuously improve and upgrade its system to make sure it can keep up with the growing demands of the ecommerce industry.
Then again, like other platforms, Magento has its own share of pits and perks. These are some of its users’ complaints about Magento and how it works.
- You have to have basic technical know-how before installing the app. It is a known fact that Magento is not as easy as 1, 2, 3. Before installing the platform, you should know how to extract files and encrypt passwords—both can overwhelm a total newbie in technology.
- If your goal is just to sell online with customers, you should definitely be in Magento. However, if you want to grow as a supplier, the app does not really focus on B2B transactions.
- Magento themes need some getting to used to when it comes to installing. There are quite some more steps you need to take, as compared to other ecommerce platforms. Thankfully, Magento themes are responsive and well-designed.
- The best Magento themes, known as the Premium ones, have to be paid for before you and your customers can enjoy them.
- Magento runs in a self-hosted server. You have full control over it, which means you have to be tech-savvy to make sure it runs smoothly. Should there be any problems, you only have access to a user forum.
Even with these Magento disadvantages, the platform is still one of the most used and trusted ones in ecommerce. Even developers would say that while it is a bit more complicated than the others, the features you get and the faster ROI still makes Magento among the best systems to use when you want to sell online like a pro.Where Are Magento Error Logs